Admissions & Eligibility Policy
Hours of Operation
7.45 am-6.15 pm. Monday-Thursday 7.45 am-6.00 p.m. Friday (excluding Jewish holidays and bank holidays)
It is our intention to make our setting accessible and inclusive to children and families from the local community and we aim to ensure that our admissions policy is clear, fair and clearly communicated.
We accept babies and pre-school children from around 6 months old to five years. Children must attend for a minimum of two full days, except for Friday attendance where it may be possible, if space permits for a child to attend only on a Friday.
Applications will be considered in order of application and waiting lists will be considered in order of the following priority.
- Children of Finchley Reform and Alyth Synagogue’s members (priority will be given where the entire eligible family unit has chosen to join)
- Children of FRS Friends and Alyth Associate members (as defined by the articles of Association/ constitution).
- Children of MRJ Affiliated Synagogues
- Children whose siblings currently attend Shofar
- Children of members of Liberal Judaism Synagogues.
- Children whose parents work for partner organisations including MRJ, Leo Baeck College, FRS, Alyth and Akiva School.
- Babies and children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Children whose parents work on the site of the Sternberg Centre.
- Babies and children of all faiths and none.
A signed and fully completed application form is required prior to confirmation of a place. A non-refundable registration fee of £100 must be accompanied with the application form.
Registration does not guarantee a place for the start date / sessions required.
An offer of a place will be made in writing with a request for payment of a retainer of one month’s fees. This payment must be received by the Nursery within one week of this request otherwise the offer of the place may be withdrawn.
The retainer is refundable when your child leaves the Nursery, provided he or she has attended for a minimum of six months and at least two full calendar months’ advance written notice of withdrawal is given.
Place awarded to any child may be reviewed in the event that the criteria they were awarded a place under ceases to apply.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of Shofar Daycare Nursery held on 22nd January 2015
Policy reviewed September 2018
Next review date September 2019